This week was o-week at uni.
My head might actually explode soon. And the studying hasn’t even started.
- I have met hundreds of new people
- Finally received my timetable & confirmation of subjects & therefore work roster
- I’ve been speed dating (minus the dating part)
- Sat through way too many sessions on complicated online info systems and libraries (but at least I’m prepared!!)
- Was slightly overwhelmed when presented with the million different options for arranging my degree through electives and field studies and internships
- Have been offered the chance to join hundreds of different clubs and associations
- Accepted a volunteer role at The Oaktree Foundation after much umming and aahing about taking on too much this year AND
- Finally figured out how to use buses near my house (funny how buses in Guatemala never scared me but I could never seem to figure them out here in Melbourne).
But I am so glad to finally be at uni….it’s been a journey since year 12: 5 years, 13 countries, 3 houses, 1 church internship, 1 new language, many new friends and experiences and 10,000 different career choices later….
But I have finally decided what to study. And I am so far really really happy with my course.
Hello university! Goodbye free time!
Better late than never.